The vice chancellor for student affairs (VCSA) is a newly created position that will report to the chancellor and serve on the chancellor’s executive team. The VCSA will provide executive leadership to a core set of student services-related departments and programs, and will have an opportunity to build upon the exceptional student experience offered at UW–Madison.
The position will collaborate with other units on campus to enhance UW–Madison as a lively and welcoming community for students and to create transformative outside-the-classroom learning opportunities to prepare students to be successful in a global society. The new vice chancellor will be tasked with enhancing coordination and identifying synergies between student services units, providing executive leadership in managing student issues and crafting a vision to advance the Wisconsin Experience for all students. The VCSA will provide oversight, support and direction to the following units within the Office of Student Affairs: Division of Student Life (led by the Dean of Students), The Wisconsin Union, University Health Services and Recreational Sports.
In addition to direct management of these units, the VCSA will collaborate broadly across the many units/programs that serve students. In particular, the VCSA will work closely with University Housing and the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement.
Another key collaborative group to the VCSA will be the Associated Students of Madison (ASM), the student governance organization on campus. UW–Madison has strong history of shared governance and the VCSA and the Dean of Students will work closely with ASM on policy and student life issues.
Video recordings of the presentations were posted after each session. The recordings and an online feedback form were available until Thursday, May 3 at 5pm.
Thursday, April 19, 1:45-3pm
Gordon Dining and Events Center, Concerto Room
Julie Payne-Kirchmeier, Associate Vice President and Chief of Staff for Student Affairs
Friday, April 20, 1:45-3pm
Memorial Union, Old Madison Room
Anna Gonzalez, Dean of Students and Chief Student Affairs Officer
Lewis & Clark College
Tuesday, May 1, 1:45-3 p.m.
Union South, The Marquee
Lori Reesor, Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Indiana University Bloomington
View the complete position description.
Search and Screen Committee Members
- Iffat Bhuiyan – Student representative
- Sue Duhr – Finance, Division of Student Life
- Jacob Gardner – Student representative
- Gabe Javier – Multicultural Student Center, School of Education
- John Lucas – University Communications, VC for University Relations
- Nancy Lynch – Office of Legal Affairs
- Chris McIntosh – Intercollegiate Athletics, Deputy Athletic Director
- Brittany Ota – Student representative
- Lauren Papp – School of Human Ecology
- Mary Possin – Academic Affairs
- Jeff Russell – Division of Continuing Studies
- Tracy Schroepfer – Social Work, College of Letters & Science
- Martinez White – Alumni representative
- John Zumbrunnen – Political Science, College of Letters & Science (chair)
For questions, please contact Allison Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org.