Allison La Tarte
Position title: Interim Associate Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Institutional Research
Areas of Responsibility
As interim associate vice provost for Academic Planning and Institutional Research (APIR), La Tarte oversees that office’s primary responsibilities, which include:
- Supporting strategic, academic, and budgetary planning and decision making through analytics, including the presentation and distribution of relevant and timely information, policy analyses, peer comparisons, and projections of future trends.
- Preparing comparative analyses of UW-Madison to peer institutions as a context for planning and decision making, policy development, and review.
- Responding to internal and external requests for analytic information about UW-Madison’s academic people, programs, structures, and curriculum.
- Coordinating the governance activity of the University Academic Planning Council (UAPC) and the University Curriculum Committee (UCC), which together touch every course, curriculum, and program proposal (new and change proposals); and overseeing program review and academic policy development; coordinating and overseeing Lumen.
- Facilitating the flow of information regarding academic-related governance processes among the Office of the Provost, UW System Administration and Board of Regents, and UW-Madison administrative offices.
- Building relationships with external organizations, agencies, and vendors to expand the data resources available to the University.
Allison La Tarte is serving as the Interim Associate Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Institutional Research. Allison has more than 15 years of professional experience in program and policy analysis. Before joining UW-Madison in 2014, Allison worked for the Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau.