The Brittingham Wisconsin Trust supports general university objectives, with an emphasis on projects in the arts and humanities that may not have access to other funding, as well as projects identified by campus leadership as priorities of the institution. The Trust also supports innovative or experimental projects that may subsequently be funded through traditional sources, interdisciplinary activities, and special projects that contribute to the university’s knowledge base or provide distinctive learning experiences for students or faculty.
Submission Process and Guidelines
Proposals must include the following:
- Project title
- Name of UW-Madison unit submitting the grant proposal
- School/College or administrative division under which the unit is administratively housed
- Name, title, email address, and phone number of the project leader
- A one-paragraph abstract/summary of the project
- A description of the project (see details below); and
- A detailed budget information including the requested grant amount and any other support that is anticipated from other sources of funding.
The description of the project for which grant funding is requested should include a clear and concise description of the project for which funds are requested, intended audience (if relevant), timeframe, and anticipated impact or outcomes. The description should be written in a manner that is understandable to an individual who may not be trained in the discipline.
Proposals should be no longer than two pages in total (no smaller than 11-pt font), including budget details. It is recommended that grant request be in the $2,000 – $10,000 range. Proposals must be submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment to email@example.com by the published submission deadline.
A small committee appointed by the chancellor and provost will recommend projects for submission to the trustees of the Brittingham Wisconsin Trust.
The Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs invites proposals to the Brittingham Wisconsin Trust from UW-Madison-affiliated organizations.
The deadline for proposals for the current round is 11:59 p.m. on August 30, 2021.
Chief of Staff
Office of the Provost
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org