The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW-Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the greater Madison community who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and,
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
How to Nominate
Prepare a nomination packet to include the following:
- A letter of nomination
- Two additional letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member)
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent photo of the nominee
A selection committee comprising students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards.
UW-Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2018 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, hosted by the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer.